Fillings are used to help restore teeth that have been damaged by cavities or fractures. A “filling” helps restore the tooth in a way so it can return to its normal function. It also helps prevent the tooth from decaying more and causing more damage. Fillings are made from different materials including composite resin and porcelain.
Tooth extractions are the removal of a tooth from its socket in the jawbone. This may sound like a frightening procedure, it always used as last resort after trying to save it. Our reliable staff with make sure your comfortable while undergoing the procedure and will give plenty anaesthetics to minimise any discomfort you may have.
Commonly referred to as a endodontic therapy consists of the removal of infected or damaged pulp and nerves from the tooth’s root canal system. Using specialized tools and files, your tooth’s chamber is cleaned throroughly, and the root canal system is reshaped. The interior of your tooth is then filled to protect against infection and, finally, fitted with a crown to restore your tooth’s natural look, as well as protecting it from further damage.
When you visit us for teeth cleaning, our dentist will be able to provide diagnostic services, preventive services and educational services. The typical process of a teeth cleaning appointment consists of:
- Removal of Tartar – The hygienist will carefully remove both plate and tartar from each tooth (including the gum line and between teeth) using a special tool called a scaler.
- Deep Teeth Cleaning – Once the plaque and tartar has been removed, a high-powered toothbrush is used to give your teeth a deep cleaning and eliminate any other plaque and tartar that may have been left behind.
- Flossing – Everyone’s favourite! Even if you regularly floss at home, the hygienist will perform a professional and thorough flossing to address any problem spots where bleeding at the gums may occur. A quick fluoride rinse will follow.
Crowns and bridges
Crown (or cap) is a covering that encases the entire tooth surface, restoring it to its original shape and size. A crown protects and strengthens tooth structure that cannot be restored with fillings or other types of restorations.
Although there are several types of crowns, porcelain (tooth colored crown) are the most popular. They are highly durable and will last many years, but like most dental restorations, they may eventually need to be replaced. Porcelain crowns are made to match the shape, size, and color of your teeth, giving you a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
Reasons for crowns and bridges
- Broken or fractured teeth.
- Missing teeth.
- Cosmetic enhancement.
- Decayed teeth.
- Fractured fillings.
- Large fillings.
- Tooth has a root canal.
- CLINIC DAYS Monday – Saturday
- PHONE 905-553-2647
- WE SPEAK English, Russian, Hebrew, Mandarin & Cantonese